The Self Crowned Queen

     

  When I started this book, I didn't know that it was essentially 3 novellas that were combined into one book. It definitely felt that way when you cross into the different parts of the book. Everytime a new part started there was a mini recap of what happened in the previous part. Which kind of took me out of the story at times. I wish this portion was edited so that it didn't feel like it was literally just 3 novellas thrown together. Onto the actual story, it wasn't bad but it also felt a little dragged out sometimes which again I feel like is due to the fact that it felt like they just copy pasted together the novellas instead of editing it to feel like one cohesive story. When I got to the 90% mark, the ending felt rushed and didn't do justice to the rest of the book that I spent all my time reading. 
       Now when it comes to spice, whew this part was definitely not lacking. In fact a majority of this book is spent with the characters in bed. It is definitely a thigh clencher. Though even at some points I was like 😐 are yall gonna actually do something other than have sex all day. There really wasn't any talk of what these vamps did outside of having sex with each other. The time period was also hard to place even though I do believe this was a modern day story. It felt like it took place in the middle ages sometimes. Even though this book is called Court of the Vampire Queen, there wasn't much of a court going on until the last 90%. Our MC was supposed to be a seraphim and powerful but it didn't really feel like she was. 
      Overall I wasn't to excited to read this book. I actually kind of struggled to finish this. The spice was amazing but not enough to save the actual story. Everything was stated but when it came to action it was pretty unbelievable. Men were supposed to be essentially super vamps but were hunted down and captured easily. MC was supposed to be this last-of-her-kind type of powerful being and it just didn't feel that way. So for the story, I give it a 2 out of 5. The spice was off the charts. At times it was amazing and was thigh clenchingly good. I'd give the spice a 4 out of 5. Which leaves me with a 3 out of 5 overall for this book. Not sure I'd recommend it unless someone just wanted to read the great smutty parts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers