We Are Blood

    
  This book didn't hold any punches in the beginning. We start out with our FMC losing one of the guys she's supposed to be with and it was so sad. Even without having any attachment really to the characters, it was a sad moment. I liked this book. It wasn't one that would probably stick in my memories for long but it was a good read. I think the other series I read from this author was definitely more memorable. I'm hoping that the rest of this series picks up and takes off like the others. So far Riva has won over her men but the events of the last few pages may well change everything. We will see how that goes in the next book. 

   As for the spice,  well she only is able to be with one of her guys but it was a nice build up to those two finally getting together even though the moment was ruined right after.  It was probably a solid 3 out of 5 moment. As for the story, it was very interesting. I want to know more about this shadow organization that wanted to use these children to fight off creatures that go bump in the night. I want to know more about the world that they live in since we don't really know much at this point. I also want to know more about the creatures that are hunting the humans in this world but not many know about. The story was a 4 out of 5, because I was interested. I have this book overall a 3 because I definitely wanted more spice but also because the journey that everyone takes to get to where we ended was kinda... meh. I wish there was a little more intense excitement. I didn't really feel attached to much in this book other than the characters. I'm on the fence about recommending this series but it works as a filler book for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers