End of the Month Wrap Up- October '23

  End of the Month Wrap Up

October 

    It is once again that time of the month! I missed posting this yesterday so I had to make sure that I got it up (te he) for ya'll today! October is the best month of the year to me, of course, I am completely biased since it's also my birthday month! I tried to keep things a little bit spooky this month but I am at my heart a mood reader and I just kinda jumped wherever the mood took me. So with that being said, let's check out the books that I did read this month! Then I will jump into my categories of where some of them fell. Then it's onto November to see what books we can get in while cuddled under some warm blankets.


   






Favorite Character: Morana (The Reaper)- I enjoyed Morana so much more in this second book then I did in the first one. Here we see her sticking to her guns and not letting anyone tell her anything! Even though she was in the den of the lion so to speak she still had a backbone and knew exactly who she was! I love me a BA female character.


Favorite Moment: Elise & Leon meeting the parents (Savage Fae)- I loved the interaction between Elise and Leon when he tricked her into meeting his parents. Even though that wasn't what she wanted, she was able to make the most of the moment by helping Leon stand up to his  brother. It definitely surprised me that Leon had this complex where he felt inferior since to this point he just seemed like a put together caring man. It also makes sense that he is the one that is the most ok with doing what Elise wants in terms of having a mini harem. The moment after when they stole Leon's brothers car was amazing! It has stuck with me after reading it. SPICY!! 


Spiciest Book: Nero- This one was a hard one to narrow down. While all of these books had their spicy moments, there wasn't a lot of it. Most of these were mostly plot driven so there really wasn't a lot of spice happening. So I choose Nero since it had the most moments and the hottest that I remembered. The scene at the concert? HOT. The idea that she just invited this man in and allowed him to savage her was HOT. Creepy in real life but spicy as heck in book form!! I loved it! Can't wait for more in this series because for a moment there I almost wanted this to be Why Choose! I was like ok King, I see you!


Author of the Month: RuNyx- This is the second one of their books that I've read and I have loved it so far! They definitely do not skip on the spice and the story itself is interesting and keeps me wanting more. They are a new to me author. I happen to stumble upon them in one of the MANY book groups that I'm in and man am I glad that I gave them a try! So far, I'd definitely recommend the Dark Verse series to others!


Best Storyline: Blaze- I enjoyed this duet. The story between Fin and Lena was so relatable! There are so many people who go through life thinking that they are not enough because some trash person made them think it was true. Until they find someone who makes them realize that, that is not true and that there is power in them being who they are. I liked getting to see Lena embrace who she was in this book and learn to find her own power in what she was. I liked getting to meet all of Fins family in Ireland. I can't wait for more from Ansel and Deacon! Like I really can't wait for their stories to be told. I'm going to binge read the novellas for Deacon once his story has been confirmed as completed. This is another series that I highly recommend.


Book of the Month: Savage Fae- This was a hard pick but I went with Savage Fae simply because, I HAVE to know what is going on. I love the murder mystery aspect of this book and if you read it alone, it still felt complete by the end even if you didn't understand what was happening. Being able to see how the guys are slowly but surely letting their guards down around Elise has been nice and I have had to have a little break down session after I read these just to see how my feelings have changed. The glimpses into Gareth that we get makes me so sad that we won't get a chance to really know him. He seemed like he was such a great big brother and an overall great person to hang around. I can't wait until we get more info on what happened to him as well as seeing how things play out with Elise and the guys. I am already reading the next book Vicious Fae right now, so look out for the review for that coming out soon! I'd recommend this book and will gladly be a Mindy.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers