What Happens When We Die?

     


      This is my first book from my Romance Reveal Book Box!! I was very excited to finally try a physical book again. It's been so long!! I must say it's not as glamorous as I remembered. Many a night I went to go to bed and read only to realize I was tormenting my partner with lights when he's used to us sleeping with lights off. Definitely made things a struggle. Though it felt nice to use a book mark again and to also see my progress as I went through the book. Well let's jump into the review!!

        This book is the story of how Elle had a life changing experience and how it changed her perspective on how she was living her life. It also helped her change her serious and gloomy boss. I liked how Elle was able to stop and smell the roses despite the fact that she lived in New York and most people just wanted to speed through life. Her, meeting her boss in person and then essentially helping him change his neices life was very nice to see. Though I didn't like how it went from no romance to blazing in a second. Blazing isn't the right word...we know that West, the boss in question, seems to have an infatuation with Elle already. But the way she flips from being regular with him to romantic didn't really build up for me, it was instant. Of course they had their issues but they got over them quite quickly. And the most egregious issue for me is the fact that I was past 75% before any type of spice happened...and when it did, it was a one liner and over. They kept talking about the fact that they did it but we never experienced it with them. As a spice lover this was the highest level of criminal. I feel like actually having the spice would have taken this book from meh to yasss, in a heartbeat. As it stands, it was just meh. 
       I would probably recommend this book to someone who is just getting into spice or maybe my more prudish friends. The storyline is ok and spicy it definitely is not. With that being said, I'd give this a 2 out of 5 overall and a 0 out of 5 for the spice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers