Of Tails and Tentacles

 


   This story had a very unique start in that our poor FMC had cancer and was a double amputee at the beginning of the story. Through luck and providence she is able to get cured of the cancer and grow her legs back and then gets shipped off to another planet. Of course nothing can go according to plan. Faye (our FMC) is kidnapped from her transport vessel by space pirates who very nearly give her away to a vicious Alpha. Of course she learns all about dynamics when she's kidnapped and finds out that she is a highly prized Omega. Faye along with her new best friend Mara are caged and are pretty much told they are going to be kept as the ship broadmares. After being given to an abusive and powerful alpha Faye manages to escape the pirates with plans to return and save her friend Mara. She goes to their original destination Sathion and is able to meet up with a native who is an alpha, named Irikav. Of course she promptly goes into heat and spends that time with Irikav. 
         This book had some hills and valleys for me. Like the beginning was definitely a hill. The valley was when Mara and Faye were kidnapped. I understand why it happened since if it didn't then Faye never would have met Irikav when she escaped but the extra with the abusive alpha and the near rapes were kinda meh to me. It definitely could have been skipped. That portion took me awhile to get past once Faye reached Sathion, I was able to speed through the rest. Seeing her explore the planet and meet Irikav and learn the specifics of his people was interesting. I wanted to know more about their underground cities and see the interaction with the other human who mated with a Sathion. I wish there was more time spent on those aspects of the story than what we got. I'll admit I'm not one to enjoy books that have much abuse in them. I understand getting through the rough to get to the other side but sometimes it feels unnecessary and a little overboard. Not that that's what was done here but just as a note to you, my readers. 
      I would give this book a 3.5 out of 5. I enjoyed it and would have given it a 4.5 if it wasn't for that random rough patch in the middle. The spice was ok. There wasn't much but I really was interested in the story of the people of Sathion. I'd give the spice a 2 out of 5. Overall I'd recommend this book to others and will probably read more of this series!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers