The Life of a Mafia Princess

   

  This was a quick read...or at least it felt like it. I tend to stray away from books that have the FMC being some weak willed damsel that needs to be saved at every turn. Especially when she doesn't try to help herself. This book definitely felt that way in the beginning. I wanted to shake some sense into Charia!! I just wanted her to grow a backbone. Then of course everytime she tried to be defiant it never went her way. From one tragedy to another. I was also thrown for a loop with the men. Like I thought it was going to be the four men and her....then just the one guy and her. Like I was so confused then it went to the three guys and her. My eyes were spinning like a spinning top! She never seemed to really get attached to anyone in particular. Then once I thought she did, she ran away from him! It was strange. Then the reveal of who killed her mother. Whew, I wanted him gone with the quickness. Of course this book ends right as she was going to get revenge on her mother's murderer. 
     The spice in this book was good. Once it finally got to it (around 70%). I was concerned at first that there wouldn't be any or it would be the last few pages. I was like ok this is starting to drag, can we get to the wedding night already!! It was worth it tho!! Whew!!
   I'd give this book a 3.5 out of 5 in the spice area. Really close to a 4. It was really good. The play around it though kinda brought it down for me. Overall I'd give this book a 3 out of 5. The plot was kinda drawn out. It was confusing on how the FMC felt about everyone. I hope we get more insight in the next book. I would definitely recommend this book and I'm looking forward to the next one!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers