The Trauma We Bear

  

  This was such a great read!! I loved getting to know Dom and Sloane! I almost didn't wanna leave them when I was finished with this book! It's so refreshing to read a story about two black leads who are successful and not praising drugs and being in that life. I enjoy a mob and bratva book like the next person but for some reason, reading about POC characters in that light annoys me. I believe it's due to public perception being...of course THOSE people are involved in this type of thing. I hate reading it. So this was a great read and honestly, I'm going to be looking for more from this author because this book was damn near perfect imo. The drama that could have ensued due to the relationship our main characters have with each other had me on the edge of my seat. I knew it would be a HEA but I just didn't know how it was going to get there. Both of these characters had so much emotional and traumatic damage that seeing them navigate through it all was such a beautiful thing to see. My main complaint was the communication break down. Of course as an outsider it's easy to be like, JUST TELL THEM, but seriously...I was yelling this often. I didn't understand why Dom couldn't tell Sloane about their first meeting  so for the longest, I thought it was gonna be something crazy that happened but after the reveal I was kinda like...mmhmm this was dragged out. Some things could have been cut out in favor of a longer epilogue but it didn't detract from the story. 
    It's always taboo to talk about widows moving on from their first loves and I'm glad this was explored in this book, as well as the dynamic of the family of the deceased spouse dealing with the same issue. This book handled it beautifully!! The spice in this book was AMAZING. Loved it!! I had not one cringe moment while reading the spice and it was HOT!! Definitely a solid 5 for me. Overall I gave this book a 4 out of 5 stars and would definitely recommend this book to others!! I haven't decided if I'm going to read Mals story yet but after awhile, I just might!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers