A Twisted History


    I currently am unsure of how to feel about this book. The FMC is smart but dumb at the same time. She's privileged, which allows her to make silly mistakes. She's computer smart but also.... kinda technology stupid? Does that even make sense? As the daughter of a mob boss she's had the ability to do what she wants, when she wants,  however she wants. She's smart enough with computers that she wrote a crazy code that is the crux of the problem in this book and yet.... she didn't think to ditch her phone when she was hiding from her dad? Like, he still had your number, he can still track you. Then on top of that she also kept her car. Which pride wouldn't allow her to just dump. I get it, it has sentimental value but girl,  your dad and everyone in your world will know its you as soon as they see your car. So instead of getting a different car, she drives that one around after her dad attempted to kill her. Then is surprised when she's tracked down and almost blown the smithereens. Like ma'am! This should be mob daughter 101, you can be tracked with all these electronics!! Heck not even mob daughter but computer nerd 101. That had to be the part that bothered me the most about this book. The dynamic and story behind Tristan and Morana was very good though. I loved the bits and pieces we were fed throughout the story to try to figure out what happened in the past that is currently influencing the world they're in. The secrets that we have yet to uncover have new hooked!! I how we get a peak into Tristans mind at some point because I'm so curious. 
      The spice was nice in this book. I almost wanted more but I understand why there wasn't since this is just the beginning of their story and there are so many layers to uncover. The Dirty talk was A1 though.  Definitely enjoyed that. If give it a 3 out of 5. Overall I gave this book a 4. Simply because I really enjoyed the mystery behind everything that's happening and can't wait to read The Reaper!! If recommend,  with caveat of the FMC being smart but dumb!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers