Mist Guild Archive- ARC Review

  

  This was a different take on vampires which is always refreshing. This was an ok read. There was some things I liked about this book but there was also a few issues. I'll start with what I liked! The idea of melodies is a different concept. Of course it has been explored but there has always been a mate type meaning behind it. In this story it doesn't have to be a mate. Any melody will have the same effect on a vampire. This is pretty much a built in issue for the characters to solve and I love that there can be so many different ways for this to be handled in a story. The idea of witches and warlocks who are changed into vampires feeling like a party of them dies due to their inability to feel magic like before was also a nice touch. Now onto the things I didn't quite like. The beginning of this story felt very disjointed to me. Nothing felt like it was just flowing well. It was like,  one thing happened,  chapter ended, next thing happened but the two things weren't connected really. There wasn't an explanation for how we went from point A to point B. So for me this just made it a little difficult to enjoy. Things do pick up and flow a lot better towards the end of the book. The only hic cup being,  how did no one else figure out the melody situation until Tiato. Who seemed to work really fast once he did figure it out. You'd think that all the other Witches and Warlocks from the past would have figured out something about this... unless they kept it under wraps. That would be a nice storyline to continue on in future books. 
    The spice was ok. We didn't really get any action from the characters until the end and it was a 2 pager.. maybe 2.5. Is give it a 2 out of 5 on my spice scale. Overall I gave this book a 3. It was ok but I probably won't remember it later. The end portion saved it for me. The action picked up there and the flow was much better. I'd probably recommend it to someone who is new to paranormal and wants low spice. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers