Dark City Omega- Review

   



  This was a very interesting story. I loved the idea behind it and how things were playing out with the MCs...until things started to get a little bit wonky. There were some things that just didn't make a whole lot of sense to me when I was reading it. Like there were moments between the characters were I was like...where is this going and what is even happening right now. I think if there was a little more editing done then those moments would have been smoothed out a little bit more. Other than that, this was a very interesting spin on the omegaverse genre and I was very interested in reading it since it had a POC MC. I feel invested enough that I want to continue reading the series to see what happens to everyone. I believe that this series is going to be one where the other characters are going to be involved in what is happening in the new characters stories so I love that. There is definitely a big fight brewing and I can't wait to see how things shake out once we meet these other characters. 

    The spice was there but it left a lot to be desired. It was descriptive yet not. It was engaging yet not. I'm not sure if that makes sense. Like there was definitely wording there to let you know what was happening between the characters but at the same time it just wasn't enough. It almost felt like the author was uncomfortable going deep into the descriptions on what was going on. It just didn't hit like I was hoping that it would. I gave the spice a 2 out of 5 because of that. Overall I also gave the book a 3 because I wanted things to be a little but more clear. Like, the things that were muddy were that way because they weren't cleaned up in the editing process. There were things that came across perfect and then there were other things that didn't. The story itself though managed to shine through despite the editing issues. The world of Gatamora is definitely one that I am interested in learning more about like I said previously and I am cautiously diving into the next book. At some point. It's been added to my TBR that's for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers