End of The Year Wrap Up

 End of the Year Wrap Up




        This last year has been full of new books and great reads!! It's time for my End of The Year Wrap Up!! Going to give you the highlights and the best reads of each month. Then I'll reveal my best book of the year...if I can choose of course. There weren't too many bad reads this year. Well here we go!!

January 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: Badlands by Stacie Marie Brown
    What can I say, Warwick Farkas has definitely made a big impression on me. I loved this book and even though I read 3 of these books this month, I enjoyed this one the most! I hope that there are more in this world and that she makes sure to bring back Warwick and Brexley!! 

Favorite New Author of the Month: Brenda K Davies
    I started The Road to Hell series in January and have not looked back since!! Even though I haven't finished this series, it has definitely been  a crazy ride!! I have enjoyed it and hopefully this month I will be able to finish this series!! Definitely on the rec list!

Best Series of the Month: Savage Lands
    This series was definitely my favorite series overall for the month of January. I can not recommend this series enough to others!! I hope there is more from this series in the future!!


February 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
    I finally was able to jump into this series. The first book was really not it for me but I finally decided to jump into the second book and man was it so much better than the first book!! This month was filled with a lot of re-reads. So out of the original books that I read this month, this one was one of the better reads.

Favorite New Author of the Month: K.F. Breene
    Even though she is technically not really a new author for me because I have read a book from her before. I started a new series from her and then continued another that I thoroughly have enjoyed!!

Best Series of the Month: ACOTAR
    This is not a new series for me but it was the better one out of the ones that I have read this month simply because I was focused on re-reading other books apparently during this month.


March 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: The War of Two Queens by Jennifer Armentrout
    This was the craziest book I had read in this series. The twist and turns that happened during this book were unexpected and very wild!! The fact that this was one of the most polarizing books in the series lets you know that this was a GREAT read.

Favorite New Author of the Month: Ana Huang
    I fell in love with this author and this series. The fact that she is also a minority author was just a plus. I would definitely recommend this series to others because she did an amazing job!! I am still reading this series and hope to read more from her in 2023!

Best Series of the Month: The Bonds That Tie
    This series was so good!! It was also really hard to decide this month which  series I loved the most. Since this series is technically complete I can appreciate the individual books in this series. Right on it's coat tails though was definitely the Blood and Ash series.


April 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: Wolf Bait by Nina West
    This series had me hooked!! I almost binged this entire series in this month. I loved everything about this series and I couldn't put it down!! I definitely want to read more from this author because these books are just FIREEEEE. HIGHLY Recommend!!

Favorite New Author of the Month: Nina West
    This series took up my whole month so it's hard to not pick her because, I literally picked one book from this author and took off with it at a high speed!! I definitely recommend the Wolf Hotel series repeatedly to anyone that would listen.

Best Series of the Month: Wolf Hotel Series
    This series just I can't say enough about this series. GO READ IT NOW!! Also check out my review of this book once you're done!


May 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: The Risk by St. Abby
    This series was so amazing!! I was devastated when I read that the author had passed away so we didn't won't be getting more from her but this was the first book in a great series with a bunch of short reads!

Favorite New Author of the Month: Anna Fury
    This omegaverse read was definitely really good! Even though this new thing with having omegaverse with harems is annoying, this one had only one person. Loved that and the world was unique and different.

Best Series of the Month: Mindfuck Series
    This series was the best of this month for sure and I thoroughly enjoyed this series. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys reading about the villain and loving them. 


June 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: Playing With Hellfire by Mila Young & Harper Brooks
    This was a great start to this series and while I still haven't finished this series, I definitely intend to. This is another one that is high on the recommend list!

Favorite New Author of the Month: Sabrina Day
    This book was another unique take on the omegaverse. I thoroughly enjoyed reading a POC character in this verse and I want to continue this series because it was so much fun!! 

Best Series of the Month: Hidden Omegas Series
    Even though even now, I have only read one of the books in this series, I still enjoyed it and can not tell you more how excited I was to find a POC character in omegaverse. Can't wait to read more and also another one that I would recommend to others. 

July 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: Tragic Bonds by J Bree
    Oh man this was a hard one to pick!! This was another month that has a lot of heavy hitters in it for me. This series is still one of my favorites and it will take a lot to dethrone it. Even though there is one book that is going to take the best series away from this one for this month!

Favorite New Author of the Month: Sylvia Day
    I started the Crossfire series this month and it was definitely a great start to a new series. I believe this is the first time that I've read something from this author and I really enjoyed it!

Best Series of the Month: Forever Evermore Series
    I binged this entire series this month. I love this author, Scarlett Dawn! I take every opportunity to read anything that she puts out. The fact that she has such a diverse series of characters just makes things so refreshing since that's not something that you get from many authors. Everything else is very monotone when it comes to many of the other authors. I highly recommend anything that she writes because not only is it good but it's DIFFERENT.

August 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: Gild by Raven Kennedy
    I got the opportunity to binge this series and then the newest book came out. I enjoyed the series even though it was a slow burn. Ya'll slow burns KILL me. But this book was worth it, even though it took awhile for the FMC to get to a better place where she accepted herself and this first book was filled with PAIN. It's been worth it so far in this series, that didn't even make it to my top for this month.

Favorite New Author of the Month: Amber Nicole
    She had one of the better books that I finally decided to take a chance on reading. For some reason reading about villainous women is my thing! This is another book where the villain is the main character and you see things from their perspective. I've been stalking her social media ever since to see when the next book is coming out! Big recommends for this author and her book The Book of Azrael.

Best Series of the Month: Mindfuck Series
    Even though I have picked this series already for another month, I finished the series in this month and it was just great! Otherwise I would have had to pick the Plated Prisoner series.


September 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: Power of Lies by Auryn Hadley
    I really loved this book but of course there was the come to earth feeling where I realized that the author was white but the FMC of the story was black. It was very hard to reconcile this once I realized that it was the case. I still really enjoyed this book and am in the process of finishing the series.

Favorite New Author of the Month: Jasmine Mas
    I really enjoyed the Psycho Shifter series. I didn't complete it in this month but this was my introduction to this series. I liked the series since there was a female alpha and a male omega. This was actually the first series that I was introduced to that type of dynamic. 

Best Series of the Month: Dark Orchid Trilogy
    I didn't read much this month but I will always praise books that have POC FMCs in this genre because there are not enough of them. Even though it's controversial, this was just...chiefs kiss!!

October 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: Twisted Games by Ana Huang
    Again, I really liked this series and this book was probably better than the first one. Even though there was a bunch of time skips, I loved that it was easy to follow and we got cameos of the couple from the previous book since the FMCs are friends.

Favorite New Author of the Month: Lauren Asher
    I actually picked this book up due to a challenge that I was doing in the month of October. This series was book was definitely a surprise find because I didn't think that I was going to like this series at first but it definitely made me want to pick up the next book in this series. I definitely intend on finishing this series in the new year!

Best Series of the Month: Twisted Series
    This was not the month for series reads for me since I was completing a challenge but I definitely enjoyed this one! I can't wait for more from the rest of the friends in the group and hope that the cameos continue into the next books because it's always nice to see the couples continue to be a part of each others lives. Especially when they are friends.

November 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: Unbroken Bonds by J Bree
    The last book in this series was so good yet so painful since I didn't want it to end. I hope that we get like a novella of where the bond groups have gone since the series ends or get more on some of the other bond groups that we met in the series. There are definitely some unfinished ties that I wish we get more of later on.

Favorite New Author of the Month: H.D. Carlton
    I started the Haunting Adeline series this month and WOW, this book was a slap in a whole different direction. I loved the darkness of it and the fact that it made me question my morality. What would I do in the situation. Also the mystery of figuring out what happened to the grandmother was a great side story that kept me coming back for more!

Best Series of the Month: Haunting Adeline
    I love dark reads, and especially ones that make me question if the villain is really a villain. This book is definitely one that is high on my recommend list. This had me saying wtf so many times and screen shotting so many quotes from the author. WHEW

December 2022

Favorite Read of the Month: You Broke Me First by Danda K
    I was suffering from a bad case of the blahs when it came to the books that I was getting from the Book Box subscription that I had a membership to up til this point. But when I picked up this book! My mind was completely changed!! I loved this book so much! I can't wait for the next one to come out because it was so good!

Favorite New Author of the Month: Liv Zander
    This was definitely one of my favorite series of this month! I guess, I cant really call it a series since it was a duet but it was amazing and I thoroughly loved it. I binged through both of them pretty much back to back. Recommend this one!

Best Series of the Month: Lost Sentinel Series
    I liked this series because we were able to navigate the different relationships that this FMC was being introduced to. There was so much feels in this series, in just 2 books. I highly recommend this series and I can't wait to finish reading it!

Favorite Read of the Year: Shadow Lands by Stacie Marie Brown

Favorite New Author of the Year: Nina West

Favorite Series of the Year: Tie: Bonds That Tie by J Bree and Savage Lands by Stacie Marie Brown



    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers