Book Milestones: October Throwbacks Part 1

 Book Milestones

October Throwbacks





        This time of the year is always my favorite. Not only because my birthday is this month but it's also a time that everyone comes together and embraces all things spooky! So for this edition of Book Milestones I'm going to be throwing it back to some of my favorite spooky reads from years past! This time, I'm going to highlight 4 of my favorite Vampires books to throw it back to! Let's Go!!


    I remember getting this book while perusing some of the shelves in Walmart. This book was not the first in my vampire obsession but it definitely put me on the track of making it one of my favorite books. I loved the dark and gritty feel of this book and I also enjoyed characters who enjoyed Hip/Hop and rap! It was so refreshing when so many other books makes it seem like the worse music genre to hit the air waves. The characters were so down to earth and relatable. The storyline was great and the Black Dagger Brotherhood quickly become one of those series that I one clicked on once I got into e-books. Before e-books, I would wait for the new release at Walmart and instantly go to the book section to get my newest fix. If you haven't picked up this series and love vampire reads, then definitely drop what you're reading and pick this up now!! This series is long and might even be on going, so if you are ever in a dry spell, this should definitely help you get out of it!

   


     Another amazing series that I managed to run into while checking out the shelves in Walmart was the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole. Now the first book in this series had me hook line and sinker!! The quirky characters and the amazing world that Kresley managed to build was one that I was able to get lost in so easily. I was one clicking and insta buying every book in this series because I just couldn't get enough!! I mean Kresley was not missing!! Every book was a hit. I even ended up journeying outside of this series with her when she went a little dark on us with her Game Maker series. But this series is definitely one to not skip. The first book is No Rest For The Wicked. It gives us a nice dose of how the rest of the series is going to go by introducing us to many of the characters that are going to be important and main stays throughout the series. There are Lycans, Valkyries, Wraiths, Vampires and so much more. Oh and of course Nucking Futs Nix! She's definitely one of those characters that you never forget and she's not even the FMC in any of the books...yet! This series is one that I always highly recommend to people because it's so interesting and vast!! It is also on-going! No time like the present to binge all the amazing books in this series!!


    This is a series that is a constant re-read for me. I LOVE this series. It is so good. I haven't read the other books outside of the House Isador but man does this series just do it for me. I can't remember if this was the first book that was Reverse Harem/Why Choose that I read but it is still one of the best that I've read. Like everything about it was superb. The spice was HOT, the reasons behind things just worked for the story and I just loved the men, I loved Shara...just love the whole thing. This is another book that I highly recommend. Definitely check your triggers with this one because the blood play is HEAVY here. There is also some MM in this book...well more than some but it works. I definitely thought it would take me out of the story but not with this one. I love everything about it. PLEASE LET A BOOK BOX DO THIS. I might have to re-read this series for this month actually.!

    



    The next series I consider my gateway drug. It was THE series that got me into paranormal and fantasy reads. I read just about all the spin offs. I binged all things this author put out and had a suitcase full of her books. The Carpathian series is so long that it is still coming out to this day. When I found out about it there was already almost 10 books in the series. Then there is the spin off with the Jaguars and then there is her other series. It's just so much. Christine Feehan knew exactly what she was doing with this series and she gave us EVERYTHING. I can't believe that this series is still on going! You can jump in and get all the goodies from beginning to current. There are Christmas specials, novellas and everything that you can possibly ask for. This series has a nice twist on the vampire world so definitely pick this series up if you can. This is another one that would make for amazing character art and merch so I hope a book box picks this up. Even though there has to be close to 50 books in this series.


A little later on in the week I will deep dive into some more of my favorite paranormal/dark reads from the past! These are definitely some of my favorites and you should definitely check them out if you haven't!! I'm hoping that these get picked up by a book box at some point. Though I know with how many of these are in the series that it'll be a hard ask for them. I wish there was a box out there that specialized in doing books that are in long series. Like maybe a few books at a time from each series. So it would be smart to be like a bi-or tri monthly box and have them do one series on set of renewals and then another in the next set. They can even be something like Lit Haven, where they aren't even necessarily a sub box but more so a box that you sign up for their waitlist and then get a box when there is a series that you like. I like book boxes that have that as an option. Shout out to Fae Crate!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers