The Reaper Review!

The Reaper

By RuNyx



        I enjoyed getting to know Tristan and Morana a little bit more in this book. It picks up literally where the previous book left off. Morana moves from one danger to the other. Finally she starts to use some of the smarts that we've been told that she has in this book! Along with using those smarts she also begins to unravel more of the mystery of what happened to her when she was younger that made Tristan want to kill her. Man does everything unravel in a hurry towards the end of this book. The beginning was paced very nicely and then towards the end all the questions, well most of the questions that we needed answered came to us one after the other. I mean it was very bang, bang. While I appreciate that we are able to resolve a lot of the issues that were in place, I wish they were spaced out more so the impact of them was felt more. I try not to do spoilers but this my warning that I am going to talk about some spoiler stuff next. You can skip to next paragraph if you do not want to read them. **We find out the real story behind what happened with Morana when she was younger. That her father isn't really her father. In actuality she was swapped with the person known as The Reaper who was the third person in the Alliance. We literally get to know this man for 5 seconds then he dies. He dies killing Dante's father and then Morana kills Vitalio because he then went crazed after.  Like all this happens within pages of each other. They decide to form a new Alliance with Tristan taking over for Morana's father, Dante, taking over for his father and Morana being the tech genius.**

    If that portion wasn't rushed then this would have been a 5 star read for me. The spice was spicy!! There was certain points where I wanted a little bit more but everything was still amazing. I would definitely give this a 4 out of 5 on the spice scale. Overall I gave this book a 4 out of 5. I was looking forward to getting more indepth with how Tristan and Morana actually get together. What is there, does flow but it still feels kinda rushed. I can't wait to read more into this series. The next book follows Dante and how he gets together with Amara. I would recommend this series to others!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers