Bound to the Playboy Billionaire Review!


   This book was....interesting. It had some good parts but for the most part felt very disjointed. I don't mind a book that starts out with the spicy but I didn't really care for the way this one did it. I knew from the start that it wasn't going to feel very cohesive when the main characters first met and had a one night stand. It didn't flow right. Like one second the FMC is intoxicated and is falling asleep to then she's awake and banging the MMC. Which idk maybe it's because when I'm intoxicated enough to fall asleep, that's pretty much all I'm going to be doing that night. Most of the things that happened didn't feel believable because it wasn't thorough enough. Like I believed the main characters disliked each other more than anything because most of the time we see them, they don't really seem to like each other. Then BAM, oops I tripped into love. But also don't mind me crying and in general disliking the guy. Who also is very dismissive until we get a POV of us being told that he is falling for the FMC. It just wasn't believable to me. Then the thing I disliked the most was the random POV switches. I'm a fan of having multiple POVs in a book because it can help fill in the gaps but this was a weird way to do it. I don't think we needed the best friends POV in the beginning. She's getting her own book but she could have just been an interesting side character. We would have been invested enough to read the second one without the random POV. Same goes for the dad at the end. It just felt out of place and didn't make sense for us to have their POV. I get that the something was trying to be explained but it kinda just muddied the waters more imo.
   The spice was...not really that great. Even in the beginning it felt like this was a first time spicy scene. Like the author may have been unsure how to go about it exactly. Which is fine but you could definitely tell. I gave it a 2 out of 5. I didn't really like it and kinda sped past them. Overall I am going to give this a 2.5 that I'll round up to a 3 because it was interesting but the fact that there were a lot of parts that felt disjointed will definitely make this a one time read that I might not recommend. I'm unsure about reading the next book but I might give it a try at some point. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers