Comfort Reads!!

     Those books that warm you spirit whenever you think about them. Books that make you just happy whenever you think about them. Comfort reads. What makes a book a comfort read? To me, it's books that were the perfect storm. They are spicy but had plot. The characters are developed well enough that I feel like I know them. Characters that leave such an impression on me that I just can't stop thinking about them, even after I've finished them. I'm talking about books that even if you finish reading it they make you compare every other book to them. They tend to cause you to have book hangovers after you finish reading them. Sometimes you can't even explain why that book in particular sticks with you, it just does. Maybe it was the amazing world that the author created or maybe it's just the idea. These are the books that sometimes Fanfics originate from. I know the ones that I have in mind, live rent free in my head and I probably have made a million fanfics in my head. For me it's definitely going to be Their Vampire Queen by Joely Su Burkhart, Alpha's Claim series by Addison Cain and the Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole.



    With Their Vampire Queen, I was just enthralled with how the author was able to tie in the copious amount of sex that is in this series into the plot! Usually books aren't able to toe the line for me. It's either way too much sex (Court of the Vampire Queen) and not enough plot or no sex at all with too much other stuff going on (ACOTAR). I'm definitely not saying that those series are bad in any way but they just didn't have the balance that I like in a comfort read. I remember each of the characters in this series and I was voracious to learn more about the world that the author created! That's the type of book that makes me want to re-read it over and over again. It almost never gets old and I feel like I realize something new every time that I re-read the series. If you have not read this series yet and you're looking for a RH vampire read, then definitely pick up this series. It is heavily female driven and I loved that. I'll be posting the links for these books at the end of the post!


    The Alpha's Claim series is the series that got me into Omegaverse. Shepard lives rent free in my head DAILY. He was just perfect. He was smart and was able to learn from his mistakes with Claire and became exactly what she needed. Even when the author moved onto another character in this interconnected world, I still just was here for the scraps that she gave us of Shepard and Claire. There hasn't been another character that I've read from this author who has stuck with me like Shepard. I have enjoyed many of her other books but all I know is....none of them are Shepard. This is another series that if you get a chance and you haven't tried omegaverse before then take the leap and read this one!



Immortals After Dark series is just...the perfect store. It's funny, crazy, sexy and interconnected. The world that is created by Kresley Cole was amazing. It is vast, it is quirky and it is just...fantastic. Like I'm not sure that there is a series that she's written that I have not liked (I have not read the Arcana Chronicles because...YA). Game Maker series is another great one but it's not a comfort read lie IAD is. The first few books in this series are definitely my favorites. I've purchased the paperback of all these books as they came out. I stalked the internet and walmart's to get every book in this series. I'm pretty sure I own just about all of them. This series started and came out before the ebooks and audiobooks so back then, there was just physical books. This series is a must read by anyone. HIGHLY recommend!

Pick up any of these books on Amazon! I am politiking heavily for these series to be picked up by a book box company because the SE's would be amazing. I believe that IAD is ongoing and there is a bunch in that series so they might not but man it would be amazing. Alpha's Claim series is technically finished even though there is a spin off series. Check the links below for the first books in these series!!

A Hunger Like No Other- Amazon

Born to Be Bound- Amazon

Queen Takes Knights- Amazon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers