What Lurks Between the Fates


  I'm going to start this by saying.... this is going to have spoilers because I have a lot to say.  My spoiler free review will be posted everywhere else but here. You have been warned. 

So, so much happened and yet nothing happened at the same time. Going into this book Estrella and Caldris were captured by Mab. At the end of this book they are in even worse straights and guess what? Still prisoners of Mab!! Like it's even worse now! At the beginning of the book we have no idea what Estrella is, no one else knows either. By the end of the book we still have no freaking idea. This made me angry. I feel like there is no winning for the Estrella and Caldris and we were strung along for some pain and disgusting torture. Mab is down a brother, a friend and a pet. Still holding the reigns to 2 of the most powerful beings in the realm and now Estrella is in Tartarus. Like.... can you say pain! This book was a drawn out torture. A nicely written one but torture all the same. Like can we get one win for the good guys? I mean I guess you can say Mab permanently losing a hand is a win but not really. If the next book is full of more Ls, I'm going to be really disappointed. I'd still recommend it though, so yall can get hurt right along with me. 
    The spice in this book was great! The stolen moments that we get with Estrella and Caldris were beautiful and much needed break from all the losing they are doing. I'd give it a solid 4. Overall, I gave this book a 4, even though it caused me much unneeded stress and heartache. It was still nicely written and the pace never seemed to be broken up by unneeded add ons. The story flowed nicely and I appreciated it. I'd recommend it and intend to go on to the next one but please let there be some sort movement!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers