American Queen - Review

  



   This book was so unexpectedly good! I listened to this book on audible and I really enjoyed the narrator. She did such a good job of differentiating between the character voices. Even when there was more than one person talking in a conversation she made it unique. I really look forward to reading the rest of this series especially with how this one ended! I can't believe that this happened this way! It will make what happens in the next book so interesting! I hope that the hype stays as good as it has been. In this book we meet Greer, the perfect political princess who falls in love with Maxen who just so happens to become the President. Though through a twist of fate, she ends up also falling for Embry Moore who is not only Maxen's best friend but also his vice president. The way that things played out in this book gave such a good explanation of how things work with people who live in this lifestyle. The narration added to how amazing I was able to find this book. It is definitely going to rank up there when it comes to the end of the year awards for best narration! It is really hard to not give away plot points when describing this book but I really liked the writing style overall. This is not the first Sierra Simone book that I have read and she definitely has made sure that this will not be the last book that I read from her either.

    The spice in this book was amazing. The way that the characters talked to each other was H O T. I definitely have to give this book a 4 for the spice. There wasn't a lot of it but what was there was worth it. I hope that we get more in the upcoming books. Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I like the way that the 3 characters were handled. In so many books things just work out so easily that it just doesn't seem plausible. These characters have complicated life issues that affect them in this story. I like that they have to actually talk and communicate about each other. They never thought that they would be a 3 part couple together but they now know that they could possibly make it work and I love that for them. I give this book a 4. I can't wait to dive into book 2! I would recommend this to anyone who loves why choose as well as a little BDSM.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers