Ice Planet Barbarians - Review

  


Well, well, well, look what I have gotten to. I started re-reading this book and I immediately realized why I liked it. I mean it really gave the vibe of "this could happen to anyone" with how it starts out. These women were stolen from their home in the PJ's with no understanding of what was about to happen. I think this is like the premise of so many alien movies or thoughts in our heads about randomly being abducted by aliens. Of course there is definitely some triggering things that happen in the beginning of this book. If you can make it past that scene then you will be into cold alien exploring heaven! If you liked Ruby Dixon's dragon books then you will like this series as well. The aliens in this series act the same way as the dragons! I really like that about this book but also there are some differences of course but that just makes things that much more interesting. There is the something that we find out later on about the people of this planet that I hope that we get more information on. So we will see, I don't remember if there is more in the books that I read but I look forward to seeing more of this planet and the people who inhabit it. I didn't allow this to detract from my enjoyment of the book but I did listen to this in it's audible form and let me tell you. The accent that they gave Georgie was definitely not what I thought she would sound like when I read this book initially. It was very...southern. The way that the aliens spoke also reminded me of the dragons from her other series. I wish they had found a different cadence. Everything else though was really great. 

    The spice in this book was off the charts good! Like this author knows how to set the scene and then deliver with how things play out. I definitely give this a 5 out of 5 for spice. Overall I gave this book a 4 because I enjoyed it and it has set the stage for the rest of these books. I can't remember if, in the ones that I read if there were other humans that were going to come to the planet or not. Though clearly something happens because there are quite a few more of these books then there are women who we know of that landed here. I can't wait to read them. I don't really have any downsides for anyone with this book. I recommend it for people who already like alien romance and it's also probably a really good gateway book for those who haven't read any alien books yet either. It kinda eases you into it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers