Loving At Their Own Pace

  

  This book says its a novella but it felt longer than that. I'd give it full length status. It was also very face paced. The character met and were in love within a week!! I usually don't go for insta love but I needed something light and easy after the hard read prior. This one had me interested in the beginning but after hearing the word play between the characters it kinda took me out of it. I skim read the end portion of the book. I was still happy for the characters for finding someone who would love them no matter what. We all deserve that. It was also different getting a full figured woman as the FMC. It's becoming more the norm and I love to see it. Representation matters. I feel like the issues that bigger women deal with were brought up in this book and the MMC of course handled things beautifully. 
      I rated this book 2 out of 5 though. Mainly because some aspects of the story just took me right out. Like the words that they used during the sexy scenes just seemed to be said more like it was funny than sexy. So that kinda took me out of the moment. I'm sure that it wasn't intentional but idk. I just didn't feel the dominance that the MMC was trying to portray. Not because he was a more emotional character or anything but maybe because the book was so fast paced that I didn't have time to settle that type of vibe with him. That's definitely not fault of the author. We all need these face paced quick reads every once in awhile. I would give the sexy scenes probably a 2 out of 5 as well because they were very wordy and not in the way I like. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue this series or not and idk on the recs. Maybe if someone needs a quick palate cleanser I might hit them with this as a rec. 
























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers