Communication is Key

 

    This is a review for an ARC I received of a Reverse Harem, Omegaverse novel. I will say, I have not been a fan of mixing these two together. When I first read omegaverse novels it was great because it was a different take on the normal relationship. The dynamics is what made it so interesting!! I like my Reverse Harems now, don't get me wrong....just not in this genre. So with that being said I'm a little biased but I think I can give my review without that influencing my thoughts. Let a jump into it!
    Like the title implies communication in this book was not the greatest and our FMC, Willow, was out here just doing her own thang. This translated into her being kidnapped, frustration with her mates and her jumping a plane to confront people who are the reason she was kidnapped. It was a little...strange. All of these breakdowns in communication had nothing to do with her being unable to speak but everything to do with trust and her being a little silly. I would have been ok with some of her actions if she could defend herself...but she couldn't. She put herself in dangerous situations without thinking and lucky for her, in all but one her mates were there to immediately save her. Despite this I did like the relationship she developed with her mates. Because there was already a known barrier to their communication it made getting to know them more important to both her and them. I enjoyed the representation of someone who has a different walk in life than the average person. And the spice was spicing!! Anytime there is some werewolves involved I'm usually ten toes down with the spice and this one didn't disappoint in that area AT ALL!! 
     Overall there were sole inconsistencies that are minor and I only thought of them after the fact (like how did she manage to travel from Scotland to the US w/o a passport). There is a story here and if it was dived into more, I think I would have liked it more than I did. The spice was good!! I'd give the spice a solid 3. Overall I'm giving this a 3 out of 5 stars. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers