A Father's Love

  

  This book is told pretty much entirely from King Traevons POV. We get a little background on him as well as some of the other rulers who go on the journey to retrieve Trixie and Athon from Fairy. I wish we'd gotten a little bit more on Minnie and Traevon getting together. I feel like their story would be so interesting and the little tidbits that we got in this book just made me wanna know their story that much more!! Reading about a young Traevon with some time jumps in the book would be great!! How did he become King if his mother is still alive? What happened to his father?! The mini flashback of the rulers as youths...omg so interesting!! One thing this author does well is making you care about characters. Even the little side characters because even when the story was mostly being told from Trixie and Athons POVs, I was very interested in the other rulers lives. I hope we get like a novella or something with their stories!! 
   I enjoyed this book even though it felt super short!! There wasn't really any spice in this book which is kinda understandable since this is the parent of our main FMC so we kinda see them that way ourselves. So 0 out of 5 for spice but my overall rating is definitely a 3.5 out of 5. If we got a little bit more backstory on Minnie as well then I would have given this an even higher rating despite there being no spice. I'm excited for the next book which will focus mostly on the relationship of Caden and Bishop! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers