Romeo & Juliet Gets Dark

     


    




This book has to be in my top 10 so far for this month...I'd even venture so far as to say for the year so far. It was so good!! This was retelling that I enjoyed from beginning to end!! I didn't want to put this down after I started it!! I highly recommend Rose and Roman's story!! I will preface this by saying that there is definitely a lot of triggers in this book. It is probably darker than the original in that Rose goes through so much more than the original Juliet does. Abuse from all sides and it just hurts to read. Her family are some of the worst people that I have read in a book. I won't spoil anything with them because there was someone who I thought was on her side but turned out to be worse than some of the others that I thought were bad. I really wanted Rose to get some backbone. She was definitely the definition of a damsel in distress but you can't blame her after seeing how she grew up and what she's delt with in life. There is also some misunderstanding that keeps them apart for awhile so if that is a turn off for you then be prepared! The pay off at the end is worth it...even though it ends in a cliffy. 

    There is definitely some spice in this book and it was great once it finally got started. I would give the  spice a 3.5 out of 5. There wasn't much of it and some of it was in a flash back but what was there was great!! Overall I'd give this book a 3.9 out of 5. It's hard for me to give it a 4 simply because most of the action is coming from Roman. I love it when a FMC gives as good as she gets. Man do the people in this story deserve to get their just deserts!! I can't wait to pick up the next book in this series though because whew it was so good!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers