The Unexpected

  



    I received this book as an ARC in exchange for giving an honest review! I enjoyed this book! It's been awhile since I read a book with some Greek Mythology in it so that was a throw back to simpler times for me. I will say that right around the middle it became a little bit obvious how things were going to play out but there was still some things that were unknown. I really want to know more about Athena and how she was able to fall in love and have a child. I'm hoping that there will be more of an explanation in the next book! After seeing the painting in the Claire's house, I'm ready to see where Mellie can go because right now she may not be strong but she's not weak. She doesn't know how to use her powers as of yet but oh when she does...she will be a force. It was very sad seeing what happened to her parents but watching her get to see who they were and how much they loved her was beautiful. As a mom myself I was able to relate to those moments so much it almost made me tear up a bit. 
    The spice in this book...well there wasn't really any. There was a lot of teasing but that's about it. Almost gave me YA vibes. Hoping that Mellie and Eric hopefully get together in the next book because the tension between them is so strong! So I'd give the spice a 1 out of 5. Overall, the story was still good and I would recommend it to anyone who is getting introduced to the romance genre as well as anyone who likes Greek Mythology! This book gets a 2.5 out of 5 for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers