Control is Key

    

 Control is key for Rice and her men in this second book of the Shadowblood Souls series.  They've lived their lives as experiments not knowing the extent of what they could do. As new powers develop they try to learn control. I enjoyed seeing Riva and her men essentially try to come to terms with each other.  There is still a lot of hurt and pain for each of them to deal with and it's not that everything isn't rushed and swept under the rug. Riva actually tries to figure out her feelings for each of the men and ends up being with at least 2 of them by the end of the book. We see a lot of prejudice from other shadowbloods due to them being half bloods. They seem to have all the strength but none of the drawbacks. I loved that we got to see how that was dealt with and how they are going to go on moving forward. The cliffhanger that this book left is on is insane!! Like I was hoping something like this would happen but at the same time I'm shocked. I want to see how things progress with everyone after this. It's giving Savage Lands though,  with how they escape and then got captured again. I how they escape and stay out again. I'm unsure if it's just Riva that is captured or what.  We'll see when I start book 3.
   As for the spice, it was definitely spicing. I liked the scenes that we got in this book!! Definitely a lot more than what we got in the previous book. I'd give it a 4 out of 5. It wasn't like super burn your pages got but it was nice.  I want more, Riva has 4 men and I need her to use them!! Though I understand why she hasn't. I have this book a 4 overall because I enjoyed it,  even though it had some slow points. Is recommend this book and series. I'm looking forward to more in the next book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers