Completing the Circle

 

   I just finished the third book in Alpha Compound series by Anna Fury, Wide Awake. This book was about Brady, Conner and Carmen. I didn't really connect with this book like I feel like I connected with the others. I guess maybe it felt insta lovish? Especially since they were essentially being intimate almost from the time they met.  Like I have no issues with that in a book but I feel like I didn't get a chance to enjoy them getting to know each other.  The other books in this series flesh out the relationship between the characters a lot better.  Again I think that's because Carmen was joining an already established mating. I did enjoy learning more about the omegas and getting more info on the other packs.  I really want to see if we get a series on some of them.  Especially Tyler since we see them interacting with Mitchell's pack the most. There was some plot movement and set up but I feel like it all happened on the tail end of the book, which is where I found myself skipping paragraphs. This one was heavy on the smut as well. Which as a self proclaimed lover of smut, felt like to much. The only reason I feel that was is because I wanted more time getting to know Carmen and who she was with Brady and Conner.  It felt more like she was a shoe in instead since there needed to be another omega in the situation. I'm not sure if I would recommend this book or just tell someone to read a short cliff- notes type of thing on this book.  I think I'll finish it out simply because I read the blurb on the next book and I can't wait for Jude and Griz to FINALLY get together!! Jude seems like she would have a lot to offer in terms of the story. 
    The smut was definitely like...a 5 out of 5. I mean after they have in,  Carmen was getting dicked down everywhere! Every 5 seconds they were banging. So easy pick there. The issues with story depth is what brought this book down in my ranking to a 3 star. If there was just a little bit more with Carmen I'd be happy. I still feel like I don't really know her as a character besides the Foster Care thing.  Definitely cliff note this book and skip to the next with me!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers