Book Milestones! August 2023

        



                                      

 I really try to keep my Book life and my personal life separate but this month it was really difficult to do that. I lost someone who meant a lot to me this month and I can't help but also reflect on that. When you see my recap for the month it seems like nothing was a miss this month but the mid month was the worse. It's been a cluster of ups and downs in regards to my emotions and I have no idea how to convey it all. This will hopefully be my only personal blog post for a bit. No worries, I'll get to the book stuff but I feel the need to get this out. The beginning of this month started out ok, my daughter had her birthday and I was in shock that at just how old she's gotten. Then everything took a turn for the worst. My grandmother came home from the hospital and they said that she will be hospice until...I was not prepared to hear that. So then I stayed at her home most of the time and then the day came that I was not ready for. She passed away. I was so distraught because her being sick just progressed so quickly. She was fine and hanging out with my daughter to being in the hospital to being nearly incoherent and then she was gone. I'm still dealing with it the best I can and sometimes it stops me from reading like I'm used to. Please bare with me as I go through this hard time. I was very close to her and all I can picture is how she's no longer here :-(.

        As for this months Book Milestone, I'm going to try to throw it back to 5 years from now and see what I was reading this month and what book was my favorite. Just from going through the books that I see on my GoodReads from August of 2018. I'd definitely have to go with Savages by Natalie Bennett!! I have been actually wanting to do a re-read of this series! It was so wild and crazy that I distinctly remember some of the things that happened in the series. I'd still recommend this book!



    Next, I want to update everyone on where I am in my book challenge!! I am 56 books in!! Of course I still have those 2 books that I haven't been able to add (I should go back and try to) so they don't show when you see my GoodReads numbers. I'm glad that I was able to get half way and I hope that I can burn through the rest of books and hit my goal! I'm starting a pretty long series so I we'll see how this goes and of course be on the look out for more ARC reads that I have in store for everyone!! I'm currently reading Dark Fae by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti!! It seems to be a big favorite of a lot of people so hopefully it's just as good as they say! Let me know in the comments if you enjoyed this series or not!

    I can't wait to showcase all of the beautiful SE's I've snagged this month! I have to get a nice area to display them so I can show everyone. If you don't know I am subscribed to a few book boxes currently and have started collecting these beautiful editions of books! I will slowly start to show more of them off! Definitely be on the look out for that coming later on this year! That's it for the updates and in general book fun! I'll see ya next month for the next Book Milestone!! XOXO


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers