Witch Gone Bad

  

    This book didn't really hit for me. It didn't have enough depth to it to make me enjoy it. The beginning started out good but everything kind of fizzled after that. When Mira didn't even give him the time to explain himself despite saying that she missed him and had strong feelings for him....that was a bit meh. I could kinda understand because of the trauma but at least listen to him for a second. This is what made it hard for me to believe their love story. Like, once they get back together with little to no conversation, they are declaring their love and going at it. I'm just like...but how. Yall don't even know each other for real and the last time Mira saw Peter she was rejecting him....I think they needed more time for their story to grow. The story of the sirens and the different magics was good. I liked learning about the town of witches and the water goddess Moryana. Everything just felt a little jumbled to me.
    There was a spicy scene but it was very short and towards the end of the boom. I give this book overall a 2. It isn't worthy of a 1 because there are some very interesting things that happen but the overall disconnected feeling I had after/during reading made me a little sad. I probably wouldn't recommend this to others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers