Heavy on the Bully

   

    So, this is going to be a spoiler review because I have to process these feelings. This book was a lot. Not to say it was triggering it was just a lot. Like in most of the bully romance books that I read, I like there to be redeeming qualities about the bullies and for them to not be jerk faces through the entire series and for them to finally make themselves likeable by the end. Like that's a lot of negativity to process. You're supposed to trust your partner and love them so if things start out with them bullying you and just plain hurting you for fun, I don't see how there is even room for trust to grow. How do you believe them if they have shown you for an unknown amount of time that they hate you and would be perfectly fine if you died? Like what? That's where I am currently with this boom. I was starting to like Enzo but then the end of the book happened and I was like wow. This is some dirty ish, but I guess it makes sense since none of the mean girls even popped up despite being the main ones who hated her. Then at the end we see them and Enzo torment Maya, our FMC. Like, the entire book was a whole gotcha thing and I just don't know if I like that. This man took her virginity and then allowed these people to film her unknowingly and the beat her up. Then she barely has anyone on her side since her best friend gets offer essentially. It was just all so negative. I'm ready for her dragon to come out and for her to burn them all to the ground. None of the men in this book deserve her. EVER. 
    The mystery of what is going on at the school is sketchy to the max. I didn't get a feeling of things being resolved even with the capture of the supposed ring leader. This is mainly what is going to push me to the next book. I hope that the next one the bully isn't so over the top like this one. It was SO MUCH yall. Like suffocatingly too much. There is a spicy scene but it's kinda tainted by finding out what the guy did at the end. I gave this a 3 simply because now I want revenge for Maya and the mystery wa interesting enough that I want to see it through. I'm on the fence about recommending it tho. The ending of this series will tell me if I recommend it or not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers