Fairytale Retellings

    



 We are definitely in an era when everyone is doing a fairytale retelling of some sort...or just a retelling period. Right now though we're just going to stick to the fairy tails. There are definitely some popular ones that are going on right now such as Peter Pan, Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast. They are all different in how the author has deemed to view the characters and interpret the story, which has made for a refreshing book reading experience. Of course there are some that are out there in abundance right now, which include the 3 that I mentioned already. I was hoping that with this new push into retellings that we would get some of the weirder and even out there fairytale's retold by someone who makes you love the characters despite everything. I mean, I would absolutely love it of there was someone who did something outside of the norm. Make the people that we think is the bad guy a good guy or a story that we wouldn't think that we would like. For example, here are some fairytales that I think should get the retelling treatment and would be amazing with the right author. Goldilocks and the 3 bears. This would be an amazing dark harem story!! Like omg, I might have to try to write it myself because this has such potential!! Authors, if you read this please try to make this into a story! I'd love it. 

    Next one that I think would make an amazing story that I haven't seen being retold is Jack and the Beanstalk. Dark retelling for sure! Matter of fact, all of these could be dark retelling's and it would be amazing. Someone having to crawl up the beanstalk for some nefarious reason to save the land or something. Some type of crazy storyline, I'd eat it up. Let us have this please! This one kinda surprised me that no one has this done yet because you can also go the monster route with the creature at the other end of the beanstalk. Like....potential is everywhere with this story!

    Lastly, and probably another one that is very versatile is King Arthur! Omg with the nights of the round table?! They can lean into the harem vibe or they can make it so that all the nights get a story. The last story that I read that was a slight retelling was back in the beginning of my reading journey by Sherrilyn Kenyon writing as Kinley MacGregor. I was here for that story but I think it's incomplete. Now let's have someone do this story in today's time period. I NEED it! Please! 

    What are some fairytales that you wish could be retold? Something different than the ones that are prevalent right now. Make sure it's FAIRYTALES and not mythological. I'm going to touch on the mythological retellings in another thread. There are so many of those as well. Let's shout out some of the stories that lesser known.....in another post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers