Long For - Review

 

This is the story of Emma and Aiden who we met in the first book Lust For. This book kinda followed the save format as the first book. One of them was in full blown denial of the relationship at first and then gave in eventually after much angst. Then everything was actually pretty great for Emma and Aiden. They had the mini scandal like Derek and Audrey but definitely not as crazy. It was a nice read. My only gripe is something that I actually noticed in the first book that continued with this book. The internal monolog. Normally I find in books when the character we're following at the time has ab moment when they are having thoughts that's just for us the reader, then it's like no time passes in the context of their normal conversation or whatever is going on. In these two books for some reason it's not like that. The other characters notice the silence or the moment and are constantly asking if the character we're following are OK. It was a little jarring at times because it interrupted the flow of some conversations. Also for this book, Emma was very annoying in the beginning. Like girl, this the man you've always wanted and you're holding off for what? Like I understand her reasoning but the back and forth felt silly after awhile. Other than those things I liked this book. Though the first one will always have a place in my heart and of the two is my favorite. 
     The spice was pretty good in this book. When Emma finally allowed herself to enjoy Aiden that is. I did find it weird that they were still using condoms even after they were together and she was already pregnant. I do appreciate this authors dedication to safe sex though. Always wrap it up kids if you're not in a committed relationship or not ready for the responsibilities that come with parenthood. Not every guy is an Aiden! I give the spice a 3 out of 5. Overall I gave this book a 3 out of 5. If the angst in the beginning was a little shorter I'd have ranked it higher. The second portion of the book flowed so much better than the beginning once that angst was over. Then learning how to make the relationship work was more interesting than them fighting it for a very small reason. I'm interested in Brent's story so I can't wait to read it! I almost hoped he'd be into a Latina or a big personality girl. The dance we met at the end of this one doesn't seem his type BUT I'm still interested!! 

Pick up Long For when it drops on February 28th!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers