Scorch - ARC Review



     I could not wait to get to know more about Ansel and man did this book not disappoint. Ansel has been through so much and is still able to be such a great person! I felt how all of the people in the area that he lives in felt when they came to defend him. After meeting him in the first book in this series, I knew that he was going to be an amazing character. This is probably the first time I felt more connected to the MMC than to the FMC. Ansel is so compelling as a character and I loved spending time with him and learning about his struggle with his pack. Also the fact that he showed his age when it came to computers and tech stuff was a definitely laugh! Like always with books by this author, it's easy to get wrapped up in the characters. Even though it's been awhile since I've read the other books, it still feels like I just left them. Don't count out Morrigan! She too has been through a lot in her life and they both come together to make an amazing couple. It was very sad seeing her have to go through so much when it came to her stepfather and then to not have the care of a mother was just heartbreaking. The way that these two were able to just mesh with each other despite all that they both have had to deal with was well done. I also love getting the chance to meet with all the other characters from the previous books! I was super curious about Magnus and Revecca though. The way they were a little closer in this book than in Haze and Blaze has me looking at them with the side eye. I hope that they are the next couple that gets a book. Even though they are an already established couple, I want to know more about them and if they get their happily ever after. Also, the reveal of who Ansel is actually related to was a surprise but also not a surprise once I thought about it!!

    The spice in this one was a little less than the other ones but it was still nice. Since this is an age gap romance and Ansel is ever the gentleman, it did take some time for things to get started. Though once it did it was pretty good! I give the spice a 3 out of 5. Overall I give this book a 4 out of 5, the story is so compelling and was able to wrap up a lot about the characters into a nice bow. Seeing the Ardeleans all together and working for one cause is probably a sight to see! Though of course we were missing the most entertaining of the Ardeleans, imo, Deacon.
I'd definitely recommend this book to others and can't wait for more in this series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers