Love, Under Contract

  

This is almost your typical billionaire romance. We have the workaholic billionaire Dru and the down to earth teacher Charisse. I loved how it felt like they could be my next door neighbor and if never know. It felt very down to earth despite things being anything but.  Dru was interesting and had layers while Charisse was bubbly and the friend we all want. I would recommend this as a nice cozy read. I only had 2 complaints which are kinda minor. They kept mentioning how much things were. Like when he's like,  "I'll send you 5k, that should be enough right?". I feel like a billionaire would usually be so out of touch with things that he'd be like just get whatever or I'll give ya 50k to go do xyz thing. He felt too connected to it while seeming disconnected with other aspects of being a billionaire. My other gripe was that the issue they grappled with seemed very miniscule and not enough to really derail things. Like the whole "crap we're lying to our family" was authentic and I totally felt that but the "oh no,  this will void our contract if we become closer than friends" felt... miniscule. It was a minor issue that was made to be more than it should have been when realistically, they shouldn't have worried about it as much. I mean get married and after the time is up, stay married if yall like each other. It just,  wasn't believable to me. But I enjoyed the story still. They way they really seemed to mesh with each other made for many cute moments. 
  The spice in this book is minimal since they spent most of the book debating on moving things further. I'd give the spice a 3. It was there and it was hot but it could have been more. Overall I give this book a 3 out of 5! It was a nice read and I enjoyed the characters. They were cute and deserved each other by the end! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers