Eternally Rare- ARC Review


This book is already out but I received it as an ARC!!  This book was interesting. I have not read any of the other books in this series but thus one seems like you can jump in without missing too much. Rarity already met one of her mates Prince Caillian before but other than that this can be read as a standalone. The story behind what happened to Rarity and her family seems very interesting. The family members were very interesting. Like I'd watch a sitcom with them as the stars. It kind of reminded me of IAD series by Kresley Cole. Having a house full of Immortals or long lived folks who all have unique and crazy personalities. I want to know more about them! Caillian, we don't really get to know much about his household and past other than what we briefly get with Nyx's father in the intro. The ice elves didn't seem too interesting but I do want to know more about his sisters. Seems like they're pretty much broadmares since they are the only ice elf females. Feels very smurfette like. In fact there is a surprising lack of females in this story. I'm not sure if that's like a running theme in this world or not since I just jumped into it here but looking back yeah... there wasn't many. So because of this apparently dragons can force the person they knot to get pregnant no matter the gender. Speaking of dragons...enter Prince Dovenyx. He is the third mate of this trio. Again we don't really get much about him other than he's mad about his father's death. I do feel like we see more of his people than we did with Caillan. No one too memorable tho. Now,  I love polyamory in my books but in this one it felt like Rarity was an accessory. Like she was an add on to the love story of Nyx and Caillin. Like, I feel like we didn't really get enough of her getting to know her mates individually. They all have some kind of history with each other but Nyx doesn't really know Rarity and vice versa. So, not getting to see them develop their relationship sucked a little. They just kinda fell into sex with each other. A little more there would have been nice. 
      The spice was abundant. I was kinda hoping we'd get a DP situation in this but we kinda didn't. Like there was double vaginal but I was looking for something else. We mostly got the bi group scenes, which again I liked but it just reinforced the feeling of Rarity being an add on and not a true mate of both Nyx and Caillan. The spice for me was like a 4 tho. Overall I give this book a 3. I'm not a fan of miscommunication and this whole thing was a miscommunication with the dad death. I also wished there was more development of the relationship with Rarity. She's on the cover but felt like a side character. Like an oops let me go back and add her in.  Caillan and Nyx had all the angst and relationship building in this story. This would be a great M/M book.  We could cut all the parts about Rarity out and this would still be a good read. So I feel like she's unimportant to the story. That really bummed me out. I'd recommend this book to those who like M/M and angst romance. You can just skip the fact that Rarity is there because she really just feels unimportant. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers