Holy Blood - ARC Review


  Pretty sure if you were to look up the definition of spice in the dictionary there would be an image of this book somewhere. Whew it was hot. Leonid and Kalina couldn't keep their hands off each other!! Storywise, I was slightly surprised that we didn't touch more on the trauma that Kalina must have felt after being kidnapped and held captive for as long as she was.  She is a strong woman who falls a little bit into the darkness after being saved. I will say there isn't much development of the characters after this. I think Leonid was really the only one.  He was able to fix the broken things in the Bratva and grew into an amazing father. That's probably the most beautiful thing in this book. Also I love the changes that were made with the annotations for the Russian in this book. It was much easier to digest this time. I kept forgetting they were in Russia and not America. I wish there was some details about the country more, so that it sticks out. 

  Like I said the spice was undeniable in this book. Leonid and Kalina left no surface un-baptized. Definitely a 4 with the spice. Overall I give this a 3. There were moments where I got bored with just them having sex and the story not progressing. I wanted a little bit more development of the characters. There were a few slow moments where I wanted things to flow better. All that being said when things were focused on in this book it really shined. Like the beauty of watching a hard-core man like Leonid coo and dote on his baby was absolutely adorable. The relationship between him and the other characters was nice. I don't want to spoil there so I'll leave that at that. Kalina being baptized into the darkness, was nice. I wanted more questioning from her but she took it in stride. The character relationships shined where they needed to shine and I enjoyed that. Bratva men speaking Russian and focusing on Russian things makes this book unique. I think that is missed in a lot of Bratva books. They feel too American sometimes. So the fact that they consistently speak Russian in this book was a great add!! I'd recommend this to people who read the first book and anyone who loves Bratva romance!! 

Also book 3?? I didn't see that coming. I think it will focus on a different couple because the way this one ends feels final for Kalina and Leonid. I have my fingers crossed for who I think will be in the next one!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers