Love Eternal- Review

  




  I wanted to like this book but unfortunately, I did not. For me there was a lot of things going on and there wasn't enough information given to make what was happening understandable. This review will be a little spoilery I guess because there is no other way to explain some of the aspects of this book I didn't like. So beware!!!!




    So, first, I'll start off with the things that I did like. I really enjoyed that the FMC was different from what we are used to getting from authors. While she was still a big girl who felt a little down on herself in terms of her looks she was still VERY unique. I really liked that she leaned into her darker side enough that she essentially ran a business that was about it. She owned an oddities store that leaned towards the macabre. Then there was the fact that she didn't have a traditional name and also was out here dressing like how she felt no matter what others thought of her. Even the cat was interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if it is revealed later on down the line that the cat plays an important role within this world. Though now it's time for the things that I didn't like. I didn't like that we would expound on things that were not important. Like some of the chapters were her just doing mundane normal things that didn't really advance the story. There didn't seem to be anything significant that happened within those chapters and it just made for a lot of unnecessary fluff. I'm all for diving into the world of the character in their entirety but this just didn't feel that way. Then the MMCs...I guess there are 2 of them. I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a triangle or harem. I kinda forgot the tropes for this book but when I checked some places, I didn't see that this was one of them, so what was happening in the book was a little confusing. Lishe was pretty much picking the wrong guy, at least from what we get from the internal thoughts of the MMCs. The guy who sounds like he really doesn't care about her but is instead just playing a game against HIM. Yeah we don't know his name...it's just HIM. The dynamic of these two is really strange as well. We can tell that they are enemies and apparently Lishe has lived multiple lives and they are trying to play for her affections. The end game of this though is not known by the end of the book. We don't really get more backstory on who HIM is nor who Luke is (the bad guy...I think). There was just not a lot explanations. I know this is suspense but at the same time I have no hints at anything. By the end of the book, I was just...confused. I think if there was more of an explanation of who the MMCs are then I would have felt better. The random flashbacks that Lishe was having was definitely not enough for me and if anything made things more confusing. 

    There was some spice in this book but I don't believe they actually progressed to actually having sex. I think they just ended up doing a lot of dry humping and heavy petting. This wasn't very hot to me since I wasn't connected to the characters so this was an overall 2 out of 5 for me, in terms of spice. The Overall story is also a 2 simply because I have no idea what is going on. There wasn't enough concrete information for me to really feel like I got anything out of the book. Like I'm more interested in her shop and the coffee that she had made at the beginning of the book than what is really happening with the characters.  As always, we all experience books differently, so definitely give this book a read if  you think it might be something that you'd like. Also big congrats to this author since this is also her first book. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers