Mafia Scars - Review




In the second book in this series we finally get some truths about what happened and what is really going on. It's honestly heartbreaking. Though a little strange for a mafia family as well. You'd think there'd be a little loyalty but alas there definitely was not. This book picks up where the first one left off with Amelia trying to reconcile the fact that the man that she loves is in a career that forced her to leave her father and everything she'd loved behind. Of course Luc couldn't stay away and they end up reuniting. They still have a problem on the hands in the name of Victor to figure out though. We get a lot of flashbacks in this book from both characters. We find out what happens when Amelia was younger that made her leave and how it exactly played out. Also we get a little peak into single Luke. As things escalate in Cali we jump to Chicago where everything began. We know there is a rat in Cali and then we begin to slowly realize that there is also a rat in Chicago. I'll give my ideas on who I think it is a little later. Even though at this point I feel like I'm 1000% sure who the rat is in Chicago, we get to see who the rat is from Cali! This one wasn't really a surprise....more like an oh. Though I will say I feel like something is off with one of the people who was not revealed as the rat. I have so many questions.

The spice in this book was nice! Luke and Amelia definitely steam up the pages with not only their love for one another but their passion. I give this one a 4 out of 5 on the spice scale. Overall I give this book a 4 out of 5 as well. I was very interested in solving the mystery and once we got more backstory for both characters it made things make sense. Of course as more things get answered we still have a few things that need answers or confirmation. So I'm going to spill who I think is the rat in Chicago. If you don't want to know then just know that I recommend this series still and I am looking forward to the conclusion in the next book. So, who do I think is the culprit. Milliken. I thought it was her from the time that she revealed some things to Amelia that she shouldn't have known. The fact that Amelia...the cop, didn't find this suspicious was crazy. She knows that her father feels like someone in the house was listening to their conversation and the fact that she didn't even attempt to look into that is wild. As a cop you'd think she'd ask for the house to be swept for bugs or to make sure their conversations were private. Multiple times Millicent walked in on them talking about things that would then be revealed was leaked. Then the final chapter sealed everything for me. When she had the "sweat" on her lips while someone was breaking into the vault was so guilty!! What I haven't fully figured out is the reasoning behind her doing this. Has she always been this way or did she only turn once Amelia's mother died. Or is this something more to this situation than I just haven't pieced together yet. I don't know but I can't wait to find out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay With Me - Review

Am I A Furry?