Shedding The Old Skin

  



   It's been awhile since I've been in the world of Isa and Rafe, so it took me a minute to remember what had happened prior. These characters stuck with me and I had a total recall moment! This book definitely has stuck in keeping with the others in that it's spicy and dark. The past is still haunting both Rafe and Isa in ways neither of them could have predicted. Finding out the secrets that have bound them to each other, even before they knew it, was interesting. For a second I was a little scared we were going to find out they were related but thank goodness that was not the case!! Watching Isa grow from the wall flower we met in the first book to the strong woman she is becoming had been refreshing. I also didn't realize that so little time had passed from the first book to this one!! It feels like it's been months of not close to a year but it really hasn't!! 
        This book has quite a few triggers that some might want to check into before they attempt to read it. Though if you've gotten this deep into the series, there really isn't anything new that could shock you other than some plot points. Overall I'd give this boom a 3.5 out of 5. I really liked it and flew through reading it. The spice was right at a 4 out of 5. The author definitely knew what she was doing with these two. The sparks were flying off thr page!! I'd recommend this book and series to anyone into dark, transformative, mystery romance. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers