Um... What?

 

  So.... this book started out good.  The spice was off the charts and I was willing to overlook some things and then by the end.... complete crash and burn. Like,  I'm not even sure what exactly happened to make it turn the way it did. Like, it started out with the stalker vibes which, I was going to overlook because J/P I can get pass. Then the ending chapters happened and I just was not here for it.  Nothing really seemed resolved between the characters.  Like stuff just happened and we were supposed to overlook it. This book felt like what people think romance readers read when in actually it just leaves most of us sitting there like wtf. Like the MMC essentially was a creepy, abusive, psycho. He wasn't committed to being a badass or crying.  I'm down with men showing true emotion in books but the emotion in this one just felt... random. Like a stalker turning into a live is done well in Haunting Adaline but the stealer in this one was weird and I feel like everyone in the FMCs life just kinda accepted everything.  No one questioned anything!! It was weird! Then towards the end the MMC literally was torturing the FMC and was just like,  in dickmatized and in love... imma just go with it. Weirdest ending ever. 
     I have this book 2 stars overall. Only reason it's that high was because the spice was hot af.... until those final chapters. The story itself was also good.... I'd you ignore some of the plot holes and then how it fell into the abyss at the end. Would only say to pick this up if you want to read some hot sex scenes. I wouldn't get invested in the story at all because it's just a big wtf.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers