King of Diamonds- Review


This was a good read. This was a very different approach at the mafia leader MMC. We are used to seeing the tough guy who commands all the spaces that he's in and isn't afraid to dole out pain when necessary. I definitely didn't really get that vibe from Nico. I think Nico wanted to stay within the lines of being a mafia man but also be a good guy. He was the cleaner but kept everything above board. He was willing to throw a punch when needed but preferred the peaceful route. He had his rough edges but we see him mostly mellow out more with the addition of Sondra. Sondra on the other hand wanted to walk on the wild side even though she was the kind straight forward type. Working for and meeting mafia guys was a dream of hers and with Nico, she got her wish.  
  My main gripe with this story lies with Sondra. She just had weird reactions to things. Like the way she reacted when meeting Nico in the beginning of the book kinda threw me off. The reaction with the ex threw me off and lastly her reaction to finding out about the fiancee. They just felt odd. I can't really explain it but it didn't feel like a natural reaction. I was able to get past it but I was suppose eyeing her. There isn't really a lot of external factors that are keeping these 2 apart. This allows the relationship to be the main focus of the story. I liked it since it felt genuine to both of the characters. I would recommend this to anyone who likes the mafia subgenre.
   The spice was pretty good in this book. It was probably the majority of the main characters relationship so it kinda had to be. I gave it a 3 or of 5. It was good but not panty wetting good. Overall I gave this book a 3. It was good but it could get lost in the jungle of other mafia books if you're not careful. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers