King of Wrath - Review

 




  I enjoyed this book! I like the arrogant, no feelings business man who ends up falling for the last woman that he should fall for trope. It usually makes for an interesting read with a feisty dynamic. It definitely didn't disappoint here. We have the man who is born into wealth and power with the arrogance to back it up in Dante. While we have the woman whose family had to earn their wealth from the bottom up, in Vivian. Throw in some cultural differences and wham, you have the cocktail for a very good read! I really liked how they had this banter with each other. Even in the beginning when they didn't really like each other. I liked how Viv could stand on her own without Dante, even though he was the prize in this situation. The beginning was a little slow but once things started to get a little more complicated with their relationship, I was invested! Ya'll know how much I love an interconnected standalone, and while this isn't fully one of those, I still appreciated the call back to her previous series. It made me realize that I haven't finished that one so I'm hopping back to the Twisted Series and then will start the second book in this series later. The characters in this one so far seem to be on the same line as the other. Friend groups that eventually link up together. We shall see the more I read.

    The spice in this book was pretty good. It was like super page burning hot but it was still spicy. I would give it a 3 out of 5 for spice. Overall, I really liked the story and would come back for more. I enjoyed they way that the two characters complimented each other. They both came from a place of not needing the other but wanting to be together and to work out the craziness that was their lives for each other. Though if you are looking for a bunch of groveling from the MMC who kinda does the FMC wrong...there isn't much here. He does have to do some things to get her back but she lets him back in. I look forward to seeing how things progress with them within the confines of the series. I definitely would recommend this book to others. Especially if you liked Ana's Twisted series. It's a nice contemporary read!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers