New Year, New Things

       



  It's so hard to let go of the old things that I love. There are some series that stay with you forever and there are definitely quite a few that I can think of off the top of my head. So with that being said, I'm going to take the time to praise 5 of the best series that I have read. Hang on and go with me on this ride as I relive some of the best series of my reading life. They aren't in any particular order but just some that I don't mine re-reading.



Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward- This was such a great series. I believe that it is still on-going. It is one of those books that the series just hasn't ended! I loved the characters and can still remember some of each of their individual stories. I haven't had a chance to really re-read this series as of yet. I think it might be awhile before I do simply because this series is so large. There are some of the spin offs that I can't wait to read. I have seen some of them and they were very interesting. I think this series would be great for someone who likes to read about the supernatural and vampires. You also have to have an open mind because there are MM scenes as well as a whole book where the main characters involved are in a MM relationship. I love them by the way. We get to see them from a "weaker" time in their life til they get to the point where they are strong men. The men in this book are vampires and there are gods involved. I definitely highly recommend this series to anyone who loves long series. The characters are very involved in every book. Even though there is still a main couple. The other couples are still very much seen in this series.



Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole- I can re-read this series over and over and never get tired of them. This is also an ongoing long series. I think there was just a new release in this series not too long ago!! Definitely worth the read and spicy!! Whew the spice in this series is fantastic. I loved how most if not all of the women in this series are strong women or they at least become strong women. The men are dark and complicated (looking at you Lothaire). There are so many fantastical and creatures and beings in this series that there is definitely something for someone. Another highly ranked series that I would recommend to someone in a heartbeat.



Fae Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning- This series is on constant replay in my mind. I have wanted to do a fan fic for this series. I think that it has finally ended in 2020. I haven't finished it as of yet but it definitely is on my list. The initial few books in this series were what hooked me. The fact that she also brought in some characters from another series that at first, I never thought would be here. I love that in a series. This series takes place in Ireland and it not only inspired me to learn more about Ireland but I also traveled there. I was able to see some of the same sights that were mentioned in the book and it was amazing. I highly recommend this series to anyone who is into the Fae and again, dark and dangerous men.



Carpathian Series by Christine Feehan- This series can be contributed to starting my love of vampire romance books. Oh my gosh did I love this series. Including the spin off series and some of the other series that this author has done. I loved this series so much!! I haven't been able to finish this one either. This another long running series where there are so many books in it, that you should be busy for awhile. I was trying to keep everyone in line with everything since I started to jump into the series a couple books in. This is another one that I recommend. I believe that this one still has books coming out as well. They also have nice little holiday specials where the characters that we've come to know and love all get to hang out with each other as we enjoy the holidays and other special occasions with them.



Four Horseman Series by Laura Thalassa- This series touched me in a deep way. The themes and things that were expressed throughout this series were so heavy that sometimes I would have to stop and just think about them. I cried during the last few pages of the last book because it just touched me so much. I think that I have read so many of this authors books. This was amazing to read and I highly recommend this to anyone who would read it. I actually started my physical book collection with this series first.



Honorable Mention- Ribbon Duet by Pepper Winters: I was very emotional by the end of this book and this is another series that I would recommend to any and everyone who would read it. This series is called a duet but there are 3 books in this series. Til this day, I have no finished the last few pages of the second book in this duet. It chokes me up everytime I try to read it. So if you do decide to read this book then, just know that book 2 ends with a very emotional ending. The third book continues the emotional ending. I really enjoyed this book. It felt like it could happen to anyone even though there were parts of it that were very sad. Highly Recommend!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers