April- End of the Month Wrap-Up

     Can you believe it? We're at the end of another month in 2023!! April was a little rough me so I didn't get a chance to post  all of the books I read this month but I definitely will let everyone know about them here! We're looking for bigger and better things in May and hopefully we will achieve all of that and more! With that being said lets get started with the recap of the Month of April!! Here are the books that I read this month (bare with me as the images were fighting me)!


    Black Rose by Karina Halle            The Bitter Rival by LM Fox


    The Ties That Bind Us- Part 1 by Danda K     Surrendering to The Duke by Stevie Sparks        


    The Ties that Bind Us- Part 2 by Danda K   Ties the Season by Danda K       


    Eternal Descendants by Emory Gayle   Downfall by Ellie Sanders


    Satans Spawn by Danda K            What Hunts Inside the Shadows by Harper Woods


Spiciest Book-What Hunts Inside the Shadows: Whew this book was so Spicy that I had take a moment...or a couple...ok a bunch of moments!! Whatever my other gripes with this book are, the spice in it is definitely not one of them! Caldris & Estrella, backed on the heat in this book and I was drowining in it!! If you like a nice hot spicy read with a good story then this is definitely the book for you...though this is the second book in this series so you definitely want to start with the first that I read last month!!


Best Storyline-Satans Spawn: This book was such a great read! It's a nice start to a new series by Danda K! I really enjoyed this book and I can't wait for next book. This book was a close second place for me in the the category of spiciest book as well. There were some scenes in that book that had me fanning myself like a church lady in a club on Sunday!! Overall though this story was solid. I tend to not like books that are centered around a school type environment where there is a weird power dynamic but this one was worth it for sure. Definitely on the recommend list!!


Favorite Character-Rose/Dahlia/Lucy/Mina: I really like Rose as a character. She really didn't let other people tell her how to live her life and took things head on no matter what. She went after the man she loved and loved him despite everything that they went through in their story. She was strong in her final incarnation and used that to her full advantage to not only get her man back, but to also get her brother back and revenge for her previous life as Dahlia. This is another book that is high on the recommend list for this month!! Black Rose is the second book this duet so make sure you read the first one that I read this year!!


Author of the Month-Danda K: This is a new part of the monthly wrap up that I want to incorporate. Recognizing the author who had a book that influenced me. It might not have fallen into the categories that I have listed already but they still deserve recognition. So for this month is was Danda K. I have read 2.5 series from her as of now and I have enjoyed all of them. They have all be so very different with how the characters are as well as the whole vibe of the story in general. I definitely recommend her books since they have the right amount of spice in them to balance out the story that she writes. I've ended up feeling for the main characters as well as the side characters that she has introduced us to and I can't wait to read more from her!


Book of the Month-Downfall by Ellie Sanders: This one may feel like it kinda came out of left field with this book grabbing none of the other accolades but hear me out!  This was a retelling that I really enjoyed despite the fact that the FMC was a push over. She allowed so many things to be done to her and it felt like she never felt the need to fight back but one time and even then she lost. Most of this story is built off a misunderstanding but I liked the way the story was flowing and I really can't wait to see what happens in the next book. Even though everything is still going to be heavily focused on how the men react to things, I hope that Rose will get some back bone and not allow her family and the ruthless men to rule over her life. This is another book that I recommend even though the spice is not there as much as some of the other books that I enjoyed this month!!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers