Pucking Irresistible - Review
Another nice read from Nana Malone. This one definitely had kinda the same vibe as the other series that I read from her. The characters have known each other prior to us meeting them in this book. They have a complicated history that needs to be rectified so that they can be together. I definitely thought this one was a little more complicated than the other one that I read but it still managed to work out. Lena is a smart student who was dealt a bad hand. She had to put aside her dreams in order to take care of family and I really felt for her. Trace, is another golden boy who comes from a family of prestige that has what it takes to pull Lena from the fire that she is currently in. Of course this comes with a little trickery along the way. There were times when I definitely wanted to push Trace into doing more. He is definitely a good guy who does almost everything that you would hope a good guy would do. I'm glad that they both allowed themselves to move out of the way so that they could be together. My only gripe with this book is that the "conflict" that happened between them seemed so minimal. I'm not sure if it feels that way to me because we don't have the background with these characters that they have with each other but it just felt like something that didn't have to be a big problem.
The spice in this book is good. I would definitely give it a 3 out of 5. Though finding out that Lena was a virgin was definitely a surprise given her age and the fact that she'd had multiple boyfriends up to this point who definitely didn't seem the type to not try her. So another interesting thing that I found, was how Trace didn't have to deal with his friends being a little prejudiced. I mean out of all the issues that he had, that was definitely not one of them. Even though this is a book and we want to leave the real world issues behind, I still found myself in disbelief that not a one of them said something out of pocket to Lena or about her. That isn't really something that is an issue with the book just something that I noticed while reading. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants a short but sweat read that feels like a second chance romance.

Comments
Post a Comment