Everthing You Wanted

  

 This was a good book!! The spice was on point and I lived seeing the characters interact with each other. This one was deep. We have our MMC who us a member of the Bratva and our FMC who is the daughter of a Cartel boss. They both have history with each other that neither one know about when they first meet. And man do things get complicated in a hurry!! Unlike most "crime" books this one wasn't really focused on how the guy was out there living the life and just forcing the woman to deal with it. It actually dived into their relationship with not only each other but with the families and friends. You get to see Esme struggle with how the death of someone important to her mixes with her growing feelings she has for her husband. You also see how the traumatic scars that living this type of life has left not only on Esme but also on Artem. They both have to overcome this trauma to be with each other but when a big time betrayel derails both of their lives, it's nice to see them cling to each other and grow as people. 
    The betrayel was kind of obvious, I will say. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out later that this person was involved with the death of another character in this book. The way things end in the book though had me almost scared to start the next book in this series! I don't like non HEA stories because I tend to ugly cry on the couch but luckily this one didn't end that way. As for the spice, whew, it has hot HOT ok!! I loved everything about Artem and Esme!! They kept it hot and heavy nearly the entire time!! 4 out of 5 stars for the heat!! Overall, I give this book a 4 out of 5! I wish that some things weren't so obvious that it was painful. Also the ending did seem kind of drawn out when it could have ended sooner if there wasn't going to be any plot changing actions. I'd recommend this book to anyone who loves crime family romances!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I A Furry?

End of The Month Wrap Up- September '23

The Cliffiest of Cliff Hangers