Vulfu - Review




This book picks up from the beginning again when the girls initially get split up. We get to see what happens to at least three of them from this one characters POV. I liked it but definitely not as much as the first one. I will say that this one was way more emotional than the first one. Stephanie had a lot more trauma to deal with than Kate and watching her have to deal with it in a situation where she can barely speak with the others she meets was interesting. It was a struggle and I really felt for her. Luckily, even with the speech barrier, they were still able to understand her for the most part. I think one thing that is emphasized in this story is that, emotions are something that can be conveyed without words. Someone who is receptive can pick up on something that is going on with others even if they don't speak the same language. This idea is something that really resonates with me and is something that I wish others would be more accepting to. Though there is definitely something that is left open ended for me. I almost wished that we got some type of closure on a few things that happened in the story.

The spice was nice. Stephanie was experiencing a reawakening and Vulfu was there to lead her through it. 4 out of 5 for me. I really liked the rawness of this world. When you strip back a lot of the niceties that we have now then this is the type of world that you would encounter. Though there are so many questions that I would like answers to. What happens to the two characters that we met who were taken? What is the real relation between some of the characters here. Does Lisa, ever try to come back and see if she can find her friends? I wouldn't mind a third book about what Lisa. Hopefully coming back and getting taken by another tribe....not the pale men. Or if it is the pale men then will that wrap up some other things too? Come on Dylan! I need to know!! Even though I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one, I would still recommend it just for the rawness of the characters and the emotions that she and Vulfu go through together. Though she herself is annoying at times.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Breaks Me - Review

Heat For Hire- Review

Toxic - Review