The Annihilator - Review
This book almost felt like filler, but it's filler that gave us background and the reveals that we needed. Getting to finally meet the Shadowman and see how he works in the seedy world of the syndicate was interesting. The one thing, I really enjoy about this series is how it continues to build on a lot of the things that we already know about. All of the characters that we've met in the previous books are all connected somehow and this one is no different. We get to see the origins of Alex and see how everything is VERY connected. I enjoyed the FMC, who is in a difficult situation and is just trying to survive really. The one thing to remember with this series is that, it is a dark romance. So we see her go through a lot. There were some things that I was upset she had to deal with but it had to happen. It made me admire her that much more. Some of the reveals were definitely unexpected but with how things are looking to shape up in the final book in this series...it was understandable and needed. After all the death and destruction that the Syndicate has unleashed it will be amazing to see how this last book wraps things up.
The spice in this book was nice. I like the way the author used people taking back their power to allow us to see the MCs come together. They are both a walking, talking testament to not allowing the things that hurt and traumatize you to win. I give the spice a 4 out of 5. Overall, I did feel like this book was a little meh compared to the others. The reveals and everything are really what carried this for me. I wanted to really connect more with these characters but for some reason couldn't. I still liked their story but it almost felt like a footnote in to the story. I would still recommend this to those who don't mind dark romance and if you've already started this series. There are definitely some nice payoffs in this one, I will say.

Comments
Post a Comment