End of the Month Wrap Up - August 26
This month saw me reach 10 books read again! I am definitely excited. As we get closer to the end of the year, I know for sure that I am going to make my reading goal. Though I think that I might step back from taking ARCs from authors that I haven't read from. I really feel bad or discouraged when I read their books and I don't vibe with them. I always want to help promote an author so having to write a bad review for their book can take it out of me sometimes. I know that bad reviews are helpful no matter the status of the author but I still sometimes feel bad writing them. As you know, I usually try to make them at least critical so that I can help the author see where someone might not like things. I will continue to do that with books I don't vibe with. With that out of the way, I want to also say, that I've found some books that I have absolutely loved this month. Some authors who I will continue to follow and some tropes that are a definite nope for me. For some reason my blog is not letting me be great so I can't add the pictures of the books this time but I will list them out for you.
Fed by Fear by Violet Taylor
Inner Demons by Stacia Stark
Legendary by Allie Shante
Love Me by Ashley N Rostek
Just Drop Out by J Bree
White Horse Black Nights by Evie Marceau
Spark the Flames by Ivy Asher
Knotorious Omega by Shasta De Leon
The Annihilator by RuNyx
Silver Wings Golden Games by Evie Marceau
Favorite Character - Ever (Spark the Flames) : I absolutely loved that she was not one to take anything lying down. She really went out there and was able to get done what she wanted despite the fact that she found her mate. She was strong and was able to get as good as she gave when it came to the people around her. She was smart and did everything to the best of her ability. I can't wait to continue this journey with her in the next book!
Best Narration - The Godkissed Bride Series : I really liked the narrators in this series. They did very well with bringing these characters to life. It was a duet narration and we all know how much I love those. This is another series that I am looking forward to and I am going to continue with this narration since I have enjoyed it so much!
Spiciest Book - Knotorious Omega: This was giving everything that I need an omegaverse to give. There was a hot alpha who was willing to do what it takes to get his omega. An omega that decided that she wanted to live life on her own terms. Especially when it came to making sure her needs were met. I loved that for her and this was one of my favorite reads of the month!
Top Baddie - Lilith (Legendary) : This was definitely someone who took baddie to another level. She was out here tormenting everyone that Dani came into contact with. Whether they deserved it or not. She was scheming for days and even when everyone thought they had a step up on her, she laughed in their face and kept on going. She is definitely one to not mess with.
Best Cover - Knotorious Omega : I really enjoyed this cover. Heck even the art that went along with the book was amazing. I mean TONY? Can we take a moment and just talk about Tony?! Delicious. Anyway, I liked this cover even though it was not a people cover. It goes very well with the theme of the book in a way you don't fully understand until later.
Best Storyline - Spark the Flames/The Annihilator: I really loved Spark the Flames. I devoured this book and I definitely didn't look back. This book had a great plot and I can't wait to see how the reveals and everything unfolds in the next book. The Annihilator also had a good storyline. Even though the thing that made this great is how it ties everything from the previous books into this one. The bread crumbs that we have been getting were rewarded and put together in this book. The big payoff is definitely going to be in the last book and I can't wait to read it!
Author of the Month - Evie Marceau : I had to give this to this author. I devoured the first book in the Godkissed Bride series and then almost ran through the second one as well. I have to give props for a good plot, compelling characters and a very interesting world! If you haven't tried this series then I do think it is a nice fantasy read that you could dip your toe into.
Book of the Month - Spark The Flames by Ivy Asher : I could not believe I waited to start this book. There hasn't been one book by this author that I didn't love. I loved the dragons, the world, the characters. Everything. It was just such a good read. I devoured it. If the second book was out when I finished this one, I would have broken my rule and jumped right into the second one after finishing the first. I enjoyed it that much! Book 2 is finally out so best believe that I am going to be devouring it next!
Comments
Post a Comment