End of the Month Wrap Up - September 2026

 



This month was very interesting. I apparently decided to try my hand at some thick books and I didn't get a chance to finish all of them. However, the books that I did get a chance to finish I did enjoy. There were some new books that dropped such as Stained in Blood by Ava Tenney and a re-release of The Dawn of the Cursed Queen. I can't wait to read the next book in both of these series! This month also saw me to 99 books read for the year so far! I can't wait to finish up the two that I am reading now so that I can move onto more. The last couple weeks has seen me fall off with my Thirsty Thursday and Flashback Friday but fear not, they will be returning this week! I am going to be putting myself on a schedule, which is something that I have lacked up til this point. That way there will be more consistency and hopefully also better quality! With all that out of the way though, let's check out the books that I was able to finish in the month of September!!











Favorite Character - Livia (The Ever Queen) : I have really enjoyed getting the opportunity to see Livia come into her own! While the first book felt more focused on seeing Eric and his growth this book almost felt more so focused on Livia and her growth. From using more of her power to her really stepping into the role that she now has as the Ever Queen, we really see her becoming the best version of herself. I really liked her grit and her strength to keep fighting for those she has come to love as well as those who have always been at her side.


Best Narration - The Lady and the Orc : I really enjoyed this narration. The gritty nature of the Orcs made this an interesting read from both of the narrators. Even though it was definitely different from what I am used to, they made it worth the read! I will definitely be on the look out for these two narrators again!


Best Storyline - The Ever Queen : I enjoyed how things progressed in this book. For all of the characters that we met. From the daughter who was stifled by her father to Livia and Eric as they both were able to grow and flourish in their roles. While also opening the door for us to explore new characters and a new court that looks like it will be as interesting, if not moreso than the one we have come to know and love.


Top Baddie - Prejudice (The Lady and the Orc) : Man, I will say that sometimes while I was reading this, the things that the FMC said almost sounded like slurs. It was kinda weird but the prejudice is definitely something that is going to be reoccuring issue in this book. It is definitely something that is a big problem in this book. 


Spiciest Book - Forged in Blood and The Lady and the Orc : They were all over the place in these books. I will say that I have them here for different reasons. Forged in Blood is here due to the amount of people involved as well as the frequency. They spent the majority of this book sexing whenever they could. With multiples and solo sessions. The Lady and the Orc is there for the different ways and places that they were able to get it on. It was also kinda frequent as well. So yeah, they were both hot!


Best Cover - Stained in Blood : I really love this cover! Can you see our girl Eden out here stunting on these folks? Ya'll know I love a good people cover and this one is sexy and makes you wish you were Eden or it makes you jealous they have her. I can't wait for more in this series!


Author of the Month - LJ Andrews : I have enjoyed the world that this author has created and I am definitely jumping into their backlog. From the unique characters, to the world and just everything that I have read so far has been amazing! If you haven't read anything from this author than I definitely recommend that you do! Heck start with this series so we can gush together!


Book of the Month - The Ever Queen: It was kinda hard to not have this book do a clean sweep for this month. I really enjoyed everything about this book. Seriously. It was so enjoyable and it felt like everything was falling into place like it was supposed to. It wasn't glamorous by any means but it was real. I think that's what I enjoyed most about this book. Everything felt real. Nothing felt like it was candy coated. Everything was hard won and deserved by all the characters that received what they got by the end of the book. Not to mention being able to open the door to more characters and another realm that we didn't know about until now. Amazing. High on the recommend list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Breaks Me - Review

Heat For Hire- Review

End of the Month Wrap Up - May 26