Ruin & Rule - Review

 



Re-reading this book, I feel like I'm in a different head space from the first time I read this book...and I still loved it. I love that Cleo was willing to fight for what she wanted even though everyone seemed to be against her learning what she needed to know. She fought Killian until he stopped being stupid and realized what was in front of him. Of course this put a lot of things into motion and man....the mystery is still a mystery for me lol. It's been so long since I read this book that some of the finer details I've forgotten. Which I love, because it makes it almost like a new read! I really have enjoyed everything about this book so far and I stand by my recommendations of this duet that much more. Now I do have a criticism but it has nothing to do with the actual story itself and more to do with the audio version of this book. I really can't reiterate enough how much I struggled with this audible. Not only was there only one narrator but I seriously did not like her voice when she was voicing the male characters. It really threw me off and made me wanna laugh more than anything whenever there was a male speaker...even our MMC. I think this book would have done better with two narrators. Idk if it's possible to have an updated audible but I wish that would happen. There were also certain parts of the audible where there were flashbacks that were very hard to decipher from the current time due to the way that it was narrated. I know that that would probably be the same for someone else but idk...it was just so awkward. Also I want to champion for more graphic audios for books. There needs to be more of them out there. I think this book would definitely benefit greatly from there being an audiobook. 

    The spice in this book was A1! I really enjoyed it! It was hot! Even in the beginning when Kill didn't want to accept who Cleo was. So it only got better the longer the book went on. I definitely give the spice a 4 out of 5. Overall I also gave this book a 4 out of 5. The main thing that held me back from rating it any higher was how long the angst seemed to go on. I was almost screaming at him to just tell her already! Also I feel like there was a lot of us being TOLD that Kill was a BA dude when we were not really shown that he was this BA dude. We were shown a lot of him being a follower and just yelling at folks who didn't really seem like they were afraid of him in any type of capacity. Heck, I feel like we should have been more afraid of Cleo than we should have been afraid of Kill. They way that she showed us that she could protect herself despite having no memory of herself was amazing. I love a badass FMC. I will definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys MMC romance as well as anyone who doesn't mind books that get dark. I feel like things are just going to escalate in the next book. Even though this is a re-read for me, I still feel like the series is new to me since it's been so long since I read it. Pick it up if  you haven't read this book or anything by this author before. Then prepare for the darkness as you get inducted into her other books!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay With Me - Review

Am I A Furry?