It Kills Me - Review




 This was a good read. I enjoyed getting to know Scarlett and Axel. They were both people in unique situations in their lives due to the actions and reactions of their parents. There is a lot of parents behaving badly in this book. Like both of their parentals are kinda trash honestly. You can kinda understand the actions of their parents but at the same time both of them are on the extremes. Both of them are also now affecting their children in major ways. I found myself yelling at Scarlett multiple times. I was also yelling at Axel just as much but for different reasons. There was a lot of "you're a woman so you shouldn't be in this field" when she has proven, at least to us the reader that she definitely can. Though I will agree that she is a little naive to some things but for the most part she is good at what she does. There is definitely something going on behind the scenes with her dad that I am very curious about. I also wonder if he plans to marry off Scarlett to someone else. At the same time he is letting her live her best life instead of cloistering her behind closed doors to be some nun. So I like her father in that aspect but the rest....meh. I look forward to seeing what happens in the second book (I cheated and read the blurb) so I hope that things work out for this two and I'll definitely be letting you know how it all pans out. Though their story looks like a trilogy so we're still gonna have some craziness happening. Some book shaking will be happening on my part. 

   The spice in this book is off the charts! I mean they have chemistry that you can feel and then when things go down....it goes DOWN. I gave this book a 5 out of 5 for the spice. Loved it. Overall, I gave it a 3 out of 5. Mostly due to the fact that I didn't like how much it's constantly thrown in Scarlett's face that she's a woman and that she wouldn't be able to do a job because of that. There have been plenty of women mob boss (real life and not) that had families and were BA women. I mean as in they were literally bad...but if we can love the morally gray men and sometimes the villains than we should be able to accept our FMC in that role as well. So the fact that this was constantly thrown around by Axel was annoying tome. I think that Scarlett would make a great boss BUT I do agree that she is sheltered. Her father has something else going on and I don't know what exactly. He hasn't really shown Scarlett all the things that he does so that she can make an informed decision. He literally has her as a secretary for the crimes but not actually involved. He is slowly starting to let people know who she actually is but at the same time she's not actually IN on the conversations and the goings on with these people. So there is def something else at play here. I hope that they are able to work things out with each other because I hate that things ended the way they did in this book. So I am excited to see how things go in book 2. I would recommend this book to readers who love forbidden romances as well as mafia/crime family romances. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stay With Me - Review

Am I A Furry?